- Home Composting – Information about composting your yard and kitchen wastes.
- Apartment and Condo Composting – Guide to composting in your apartment or condo.
- CompostGuide.com – A thorough guide to composting.
- Zero Waste Sonoma – Information about home composting, different types of composting methods such as vermiculture, and more.
- Composting101 – NRDC has worked to ensure the rights of all people to clean air, clean water, and healthy communities and is a great resource for all things compost.
- Sonoma Water – Take a virtual tour of the Sonoma Waste Water Treatment Plant and learn about the uses and benefits of our local recycled water.
- Water Reuse – From the EPA, basic information on water recycling, water reuse regulations, and water reuse practices.
- Water Reuse Research – The EPA’s guide on water reuse research, including resources on wastewater, non-potable water, and stormwater management.
- The Water Cycle – From the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), learn about the journey our water makes as a natural process of water recycling.
- Interactive Water Cycle For Kids – From the United States Geological Survey, this is an interactive map for kids to learn about the intricate process of the water cycle.
- The Forest and The Soil Cycle – From PBS Learning, this guide takes children through the life cycle of soil, how it is formed, and the importance of soil health.
- Ecosystem Services of Soil – Learn about the important role that soil plays within its ecosystem, and the services that healthy soil offers.
- Soil Health – From the United States Department of Agriculture, learn about the conservation science of soil, soil health, and practices on how to maintain healthy soil.
- Wind Energy – From the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), take a look at how wind is used to produce electricity by converting the kinetic energy of air in motion into electricity.
- Solar Energy – From the office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, discover the power of solar energy, the costs of going solar, and the basics of going solar.
- Geothermal Energy – National Geographic’s look at the powers of renewable geothermal energy.
- Renewable Natural Gas – Learn about the impact of greenhouse gases and about the sustainability of Renewable Natural Gas.
- Hydropower Energy – Energy.gov takes a look at Hydropower or hydroelectric power, one of the oldest and largest sources of renewable energy, which uses the natural flow of moving water to generate electricity
- 8 Tips on How to Conserve Natural Resources – learn about how you can reduce your carbon footprint and help to conserve our natural resources.
- ScienceDirect Resource Conservation – Compiled articles focusing on resource conservation.
- Natural Resources Conservation Service – As provided by the USDA, discover how resources can be conserved, reused, and best farming practices.